Service applies to all bicycles and tandems, including rental bicycles and bicycle trailers, if service can be safely delivered using normal servicing equipment.
Service vehicles are not equipped to repair a member’s bicycle or change a flat tire; however, transportation for your disabled bicycle will be provided subject to the terms discussed herein.
COVERAGE TO BICYCLE RIDER ONLY
Bicycle transportation service is provided only for the rider whose bicycle is disabled or inoperable.
BASIC MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
To obtain service a Roadside Assistance vehicle will be sent to the eligible disabled bicycle, without charge, from the nearest AAA contract station. Bicycle coverage applies to any eligible bicycle you are riding at the time the bicycle becomes disabled. Simply present your valid AAA card at the time of service. Members are expected to be with the bicycle at time of service.
DISABLED OR INOPERABLE BICYCLE
Coverage is provided to a member whose bicycle has become disabled or inoperable. If transportation of your disabled bicycle is required, service will be provided:
- Back to the station that dispatched transportation service or any point of choice along the direct return route, or;
- To any point of safety within a 5-mile radius. Members with AAA Plus, AAA Plus-RV, AAA Premier and AAA Premier-RV are eligible for extended coverage.
BENEFITS FOR BICYCLE SERVICE DO NOT INCLUDE
- Service off of normally traveled roads or streets. If a bicycle breakdown occurs away from a normally traveled road or street, such as on a field, creek, river bed or beach, or logging or Forest Service road, service will only be provided if the bicycle can be moved by the member to a normally traveled road.
- Service to unattended bicycles
- Storage or repair costs.
- Parts and tires.
- More than one transportation per disablement.
- Cost of providing alternate transportation.
- Fatigue and physical inability to continue with ride. Exception may apply for an injury that occurred as a result of a bicycle accident.
- Rendering mechanical first aid or changing of a flat tire.
- Rendering service to break or cut a lock on a secured bicycle.
- Service where we or our contractor deem a road is not safely passable due to unusual or extreme weather causing service delays. Under these conditions, the club reserves the right to delay some services until extreme demand for service has passed.
Bicycle transportation service is counted towards your four roadside assistance service calls per member, per membership year.