Added protection for driving trips that take you more than 100 miles from home. Get reimbursed up to $1500 for many unexpected delays.
AAA Premier® Trip Interruption benefit provides members greater peace of mind when on trips of 100 driving miles or more from home. If your trip is delayed due to an Accident, mechanical breakdown, car theft, unexpected Illness or Injury, natural disasters or severe weather, you can be reimbursed up to $1500 for covered out-of-pocket expenses, including meals and Accommodations; and/or Substitute Transportation to continue your trip.
The AAA Washington AAA Premier Trip Interruption group insurance benefit is provided to all AAA Premier members as long as the Master Policy with BCS Insurance Company remains in force.
The benefit is subject to the following conditions and exclusions:
WHAT IS COVERED
Coverage applies to the Insured Person and any Covered Traveler during each Eligible Trip within the Policy Territory, when the Insured Person is either a driver or passenger in the Motor Vehicle or Rental Car used for the Eligible Trip. Covered Persons on Covered Travel may be reimbursed up to $1,500 per trip for out-of-pocket expenses for the cost of reasonable additional Accommodations and meal expenses and, if applicable the cost of Substitute Transportation to continue the trip, incurred as a result of overnight covered trip delay. Only expenses for the first 96 hours from the initial delay are eligible for coverage. The coverage only extends to Covered Travel in the United States, Mexico and Canada.
The covered reasons for delay are:
- Vehicle disablement due to Mechanical Breakdown (excluding tire trouble), substantiated by garage or repair facility or rental car company report;
- Accident involving Motor Vehicle or Rental Car, substantiated by a police report;
- Theft of Motor Vehicle or Rental Car, substantiated by a police report;
- Illness, Injury or death of the Insured Person, Covered Traveler, or Insured Person’s Family Member or adult with whom the Insured Person resides who is not traveling with the Insured Person;
- Natural Disaster; or
- Severe Weather.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
Coverage is not provided for any loss that results directly or indirectly from any of the following:
- Alcohol or substance abuse or use, or conditions or physical complications related thereto;
- War (whether declared or undeclared), acts of war, military duty, civil disorder or unrest;
- Participation in professional or amateur sporting events (including training);
- All extreme, high risk sports including but not limited to: bodily contact sports, skydiving, hang gliding, bungee jumping, parachuting, mountain climbing or any other high altitude activities, caving, heli-skiing, extreme skiing, or any skiing outside marked trails;
- Scuba diving (unless accompanied by a dive master and not deeper than 130 feet);
- Operating or learning to operate any aircraft as pilot or crew;
- Nuclear reaction, radiation or radioactive contamination;
- Pollution or threat of pollutant release;
- Any unlawful acts committed by You or a Covered Traveler; or
- Any expected or reasonably foreseeable events.
GENERAL PROGRAM PROVISIONS
This guide to the benefit is not a policy or contract of insurance, but is your most complete source of information. Please be sure to keep it in a safe place. All information in this document is subject to the terms and conditions of the Master Policy, a copy of which is in the possession of AAA Washington. The terms and conditions of the Master Policy agree with the terms outlined in this guide to coverage. However, features and benefits are subject to change without notice.
The Covered person agrees to use diligence in doing all things reasonably prudent to avoid or diminish any loss. Allianz Global Assistance will not unreasonably apply this provision to avoid claims hereunder.
HOW TO FILE A CLAIM
How to File a Claim: Please gather the information below if you have a covered loss during your Covered Travel as it will be requested when you file a claim upon returning home. All claims must be reported to Allianz Global Assistance within 30 days from the date of loss or as soon after that date as is reasonably possible. Contact Allianz at 800-992-9309.
Once you report a claim, the service associate will set up a claim file for you and send you a claim form. You must send written proof of loss, including any required information necessary to support the claim, to Allianz Global Assistance within 90 days from the date of loss, or as soon after that date as reasonably possible, and in no event, except in the absence of legal capacity, later than one year from the time.